Talaia Networks is a highly innovative company based in Barcelona, Spain. Behind the products of Talaia Networks lies the expertise of more than 20 years of research in network security and monitoring from its founders at UPC-BarcelonaTech. Talaia Networks aims to stay at the cutting edge of the state-of-the art in network management and security.
Talaia, the flagship product of Talaia Networks, is a network visibility and security system commercialized under the Software-as-a-Service model, that by combining machine learning and data analytics algorithms, obtains a superior security-to-cost ratio as compared to competing solutions. The interests of Talaia Networks lie in technologies for network security, key performance metric measurement, traffic classification, and on-the-fly streaming data analysis, enriched with intelligent machine learning algorithms, in both traditional and software-defined networks.
Nowadays, Talaia has presence in almost all continents. Customers from Talaia cover many different market segments and purposes. For example, Digital Ocean, the second largest web hosting cloud provider in the world, uses Talaia to easily monitor their networks and rapidly react to network attacks, while Transtelco, an Internet Service Provider present in Mexico and USA, not only uses Talaia to monitor its network, but also to resell our security service to their customers.
Roles in the project
- Providing expertise in network measurements, stream analysis, and the use of data mining and machine learning techniques for network security and management
- Integrating and evaluating Talaia's Data Analysis Engine software in the project environment
- Collaboration on the development of Virtual Network Security Functions (vNFS)
- Contribution on the exploitation plans
- Dr. Pere Barlet-Ros
- Dr. Valentín Carela-Español
- Giorgos Dimopoulos
- Johan Feito